Skip main menu

Selected self-service solutions

On this page, you can find a list of the most used self-service solutions related to working environment in Denmark.

Report back on an improvement or prohibition notice

A company that has received an improvement notice with a time limit, an immediate improvement notice or a prohibition notice following an inspection, must – before the deadline – inform the Danish Working Environment Authority as to how they have resolved the problem.

Companies with a Danish CVR number must use the Authority’s digital self-service solution when reporting back to the Authority.

Report back to the Authority – with a Danish CVR number (Business in Denmark)

Foreign companies that do not have a Danish CVR number cannot use the digital solution. Instead, they should report back to the Authority via a letter in the post or via email.

Read more about reporting back as a foreign company

Notify the Register of Foreign Service Providers (RUT)

Foreign companies operating temporarily in Denmark must notify the Register of Foreign Service Providers (RUT) about their work. The notification can be made in Danish, English, German or Polish. For road transport services, see below.

Notify the Register of Foreign Service Providers (Danish, English, German or Polish)Read more about the Register of Foreign Service Providers

Inform the Authority of the lack of notifying RUT

Assignors who hire a foreign company must see documentation verifying that the company has notified the Register of Foreign Service Providers (RUT). Otherwise, they have a duty to inform the Danish Working Environment Authority.

Inform the Authority of the lack of notifying RUT (

Submit posting declarations - Road Transport

Foreign transport companies performing cabotage of goods, the road part of combined transport or bus cabotage in Denmark must submit their posting declarations to the Road transport posting declaration portal provided by the European Commission.

Submit a posting declarationRead more about posting of drivers, The Danish Road Traffic Authority

Report work with asbestos

Work involving the demolition of asbestos-containing material inside buildings, ships, trains, machinery, etc. must be notified to the Danish Working Environment Authority before commencement. The same applies to other work that may involve exposure to asbestos.

Report work with asbestos

Report a new construction site

Before the client commences work on a construction site, the site may have to be notified to the Danish Working Environment Authority. This applies to cases where the work is expected to last for more than 30 working days with at least 20 employees or when the amount of work is expected to exceed 500 man-days.

Report a construction site

Apply for recognition of qualifications acquired abroad

Posted workers who will be working temporarily in Denmark must possess the necessary qualifications to perform their duties. If qualifications in certain fields of work have been acquired abroad, they must be recognised by the Danish Working Environment. In other fields of work, it is simply the employer’s responsibility to ensure that the workers possess the required qualifications. Note that the qualifications must be recognised before the employee may start working.

Apply for recognition of qualifications (form, choose language)Read more about the rules for recognition of qualifications

Report a work accident

Employers have a duty to report work accidents when they occur. This also applies to foreign employers temporarily performing work assignments in Denmark.
Companies with a Danish CBR number, must report work accidents digitally in the EASY reporting system.

Report a work accident in EASY

Foreign companies without a Danish CBR number can access a special reporting form via Business in Denmark and submit a report using the company’s RUT number.

Report a work accident: Employer without a Danish CBR number

Notify the Product Registry of hazardous substances

All companies importing or producing hazardous substances or materials for professional use in Denmark must notify the Product Registry of those products. This also applies if a company brings in hazardous chemical products for internal use in Denmark. You must submit the notification no later than a month after import.

Submit a notification to the Product Registry
Notify the Product Registry of import of hazardous substances

Submit a poison notification

Companies that produce, use, import or sell highly toxic substances and mixtures must notify the relevant authority of those substances or mixtures. The Danish Working Environment Authority’s mandate covers the production and use of toxic substances and mixtures, while the Danish Environmental Protection Agency’s mandate covers the import and sale. In both cases, the notification must be submitted via a digital solution managed by the Danish Environmental Protection Agency.

Submit a poison notification

Any questions?

Contact Arbejdstilsynet
The Danish Working Environment Authority (WEA)

Phone hours
Monday - Thursday: 8 - 15
Friday: 8 - 14

+45 70 12 12 88

Press 9 for English

Last updated: 08-07-2024